Tutorial for LACE JOURNALS - SNIPPET STRIPS


JOURNALING - LACE OR FABRIC 
SNIPPET STRIPS









A guide to making up Snippet Strips or Rolls.  This is the way I have found to

be my best option.  I hand stitch all my strips (not Glue ). 

The featured Strip is 7 cms x 30 cms. 

Starting with a strip of Poplin or soft cotton torn to size. then I add a layer 

of fabric.  In this case it is just a Cream Base, position the images to a place I am 

happy with. Find a selection of Laces and Trims etc. and have a play with the

Colours, Positions and Design. 

Next step is to hand tack down the Backing, Images and Laces. I find at times

the sewing machine is suitable but no gathering or tightness this way.  Also 

a slight movement of the piece because of the small scale, can be an added 

bonus.



Then for the Fun of Slow Stitching, adding beads, charms, flowers etc. 

I have completed this into a Journaling Inspiration Pack and will be adding

this to my Etsy Store. Images are from my Lavender Group printed onto 

Cotton available in Store. More examples are available on Pinterest.


Carol Daisy Crafts



 

Comments